Rhianna Tyson Kreger
The Nonproliferation Review and WMD Junction
Rhianna Tyson Kreger is the Managing Editor of CNS journal, The Nonproliferation Review, and
In addition to serving as the Managing Editor for the Nonproliferation Review, Ms. Kreger holds the post of Senior Officer for the Global Security Institute, a non-governmental organization dedicated to strengthening international cooperation and security based on the rule of law, with a particular focus on nuclear arms control, nonproliferation, and disarmament.
From 2003-05, Ms. Kreger was the Project Manager of the Reaching Critical Will project of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, United Nations Office, after first entering the field of arms control and nonproliferation as an intern with the Washington-based Arms Control Association. Her work has been published numerous times online at The Huffington Post and Common Dreams, as well as in niche publications such as Disarmament Forum, the quarterly publication of the United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR), The IAEA Bulletin, the flagship publication of the International Atomic Energy Agency, and others.
- MSc in Global Politics (with distinction), the London School of Economics and Political Science
- B.A. in Gender and International Relations, Hampshire College
- "The Meaning of Iran's Nuclear Weapon Program," Huffington Post, May 18, 2012.
- "Wisdom or Fatal Folly," co-authored with Jonathan Granoff, Huffington Post, March 15, 2011.
- "START-ing a New Security," Huffington Post, September 23, 2010.
- "Countdown to Zero: A Compelling Film with a Critical Message," co-authored with Jonathan Granoff, Huffington Post, July 30, 2010.
- "Rethinking Israeli Security," Huffington Post, June 14, 2010.
- "The Global Security Institute: Seeking true security for all through international cooperation," in Chris Stout (ed.), The New Humanitarians: Inspiration, Innovations, and Blueprints for Visionaries (Praeger, 2009).
- "One Small Step for the Council...," co-authored with Jonathan Granoff, Huffington Post, September 25, 2009.
- "A Clarifying Call," Disarmament Times, Spring 2009.
- "Forsaking Space Weapons Would Spur Peace," CommonDreams.org, March 26, 2008.
- "A Time for Action," Disarmament Times, Fall 2007.
- "Reframing the Review Conference," IAEA Bulletin, Spring 2005.
- Major Proposals to Strengthen the Non-Proliferation treaty: A Briefing Book, co-authored with Claire Applegarth, Arms Control Association, Spring 2005.
- "US Seeks to Oust Chief to UN Nuclear Agency," The Indypendent, January 27-February 9, 2005.
- "Contextualizing Past, Present and Future Challenges to the NPT Regime," Disarmament Forum, United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research, Fall 2004.
- "Off to the Arms Race," The Indypendent, March 19-31, 2004.